After one of the roughest winters on record we have finally made it to summer! Amid the frenzied attempts to try and stay cool while keeping your clothes from sticking to you on the way home from work, time has flown by and it is almost July again. And we all know what that means: burgers, brats and grilling galore! Let the 4th of July planning and festivities begin. There is a special atmosphere leading up to this year’s Independence Day with our national team causing major waves at the World Cup in Brazil.
Of course nobody really needs an excuse for grilling. 60% of all grill owners report utilizing their grill year round. If you’ve never fired up the grill in the winter to get a little taste of summer then you are missing out! Besides, grilled food satisfies even the pickiest of palates. It is also possible to create healthier meals through grilling as pretty much everything can be enhanced on the BBQ (similar to how bacon makes everything better), including vegetables and even fruit like pineapple and bananas!
Grilling is a part of a lot of cultures but in America it takes a special place:
- According to the HPBA, 71% of all Americans grill on the 4th of July!
- 80% of all Americans own a grill.
- Lyndon B. Johnson hosted the first BBQ at the White House.
- Burgers, steak, hot dogs and chicken are the most popular grilled foods, in that order.
- BBQ competitions are very popular and often attract 100+ teams (KCBS).
- 41% of all grill owners have tailgated in 2013.
- Types of grills: Charcoal, Gas, Electric, Smokers and Pellet Grills
- Lexington, NC is considered the Barbecue Capital of the world.
- “Barbecue” is thought to be derived from the French “barbe a queue” (from whiskers to tail).
- About 14 million new grills were shipped in the US in 2013.
All proper Americans grill like there is no tomorrow for the most important holiday on the calendar (we trust our boys in Brazil will agree). It is almost a bit of an unspoken duty. Of course at CFS we live and breathe everything food and kitchen related. Our extensive grilling section offers everything your professional, intermediate or amateur chef requires to prepare the most scrumptious grilled creations in the tri-state area. Upgrade your equipment or enhance your culinary arsenal today and shop our many charbroilers, griddles and much more!
In order to help spread the love and show some patriotism we are also offering a 10% discount on all of our water filter systems and water filter replacement cartridges. (July 1st – July 7th) Just utilize the coupon code “JULY4TH” during check out. From all of us at Consolidated Foodservice, have yourself a delicious grilling time and a wonderful 4th of July!